Re: Getting relation/attribute names from inside UDT input/output function

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Getting relation/attribute names from inside UDT input/output function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 09:12:33PM -0600, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 02:50:26PM -0300, Humberto Luiz Razente wrote:
> > I'm trying to index data characteristics extracted from multimedia
> > files (like a color distribution histogram from an image), in
> > order to make k-nearest neighbor queries (similarity-based queries).
> > The problem is that I can have a variable number of characteristics (its
> > called adimensional features), so I cannot index with R-tree
> > like GIST. I already have the tree implemented in C, so I would
> > like to build a tree for each complex type in each
> > attribute/relation. Am I going in the wrong direction?
>
> I'm not familiar with the problem domain but maybe somebody else
> on the mailing list is.  Could you explain a bit more, perhaps with
> an example showing how you're currently using the type and what
> you'd like to be able to do with it (e.g., a hypothetical table,
> data set, query, and query result)?

I'm not entirely sure, but this seems a similar issue to what tsearch
had (indexing documents). CVS HEAD has a new index type called GIN
(Generalised Inverted Index) which may be closer to your needs.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения