Re: Getting relation/attribute names from inside UDT input/output function

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Getting relation/attribute names from inside UDT input/output function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
[Please copy the mailing list on replies so others can contribute
to and learn from the discussion.]

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 02:50:26PM -0300, Humberto Luiz Razente wrote:
> I'm trying to index data characteristics extracted from multimedia
> files (like a color distribution histogram from an image), in
> order to make k-nearest neighbor queries (similarity-based queries).
> The problem is that I can have a variable number of characteristics (its
> called adimensional features), so I cannot index with R-tree
> like GIST. I already have the tree implemented in C, so I would
> like to build a tree for each complex type in each
> attribute/relation. Am I going in the wrong direction?

I'm not familiar with the problem domain but maybe somebody else
on the mailing list is.  Could you explain a bit more, perhaps with
an example showing how you're currently using the type and what
you'd like to be able to do with it (e.g., a hypothetical table,
data set, query, and query result)?

--
Michael Fuhr