Re: compiling postgres on solaris and DBD::Pg

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: compiling postgres on solaris and DBD::Pg
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 02:55:04PM +0930, Luke Vanderfluit wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've been able to compile postgresql on solaris 10.
> Now I want to install the perl DBD::Pg module but I get a complaint, namely:

> [root@tickettest] # make
> rm -f blib/arch/auto/DBD/Pg/Pg.so
> LD_RUN_PATH="/usr/local/pgsql/lib" /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc  -G
> -xarch=generic64 -L/opt/SUNWspro/prod/lib/amd64 -L/lib/amd64
         ^^^^^^^^^                          ^^^^^
> -L/usr/local/lib Pg.o dbdimp.o quote.o types.o  -o
> blib/arch/auto/DBD/Pg/Pg.so         \
>   -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -lpq          \
>
> ld: fatal: file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
                                                                  ^^^^^^^^^^
> ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to
> blib/arch/auto/DBD/Pg/Pg.so

At a guess, libpq is compiled as 32 bit and you're compile DBD::Pg as 64
bit.

Find out how perl is compiled and make sure you've compiled libpq and
DBD::Pg the same. The server can be either, that's independant of this.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения

От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: Getting relation/attribute names from inside UDT input/output function
От: Anastasios Hatzis
Сообщение: Debugging SQL queries