Re: Get explain output of postgresql in Tables

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Get explain output of postgresql in Tables
Дата
Re: Get explain output of postgresql in Tables  (Mischa Sandberg <mischas@ActiveState.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 04:53:20PM +0200, Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> <NestedLoop cost="1.06..40.43" rows="5" width="244">
>    <JoinFilter publicTenk1Unique2="int4_tbl.f1">
>       <HashAggregate cost="1.06..1.11" rows="5" width="4"/>
>    </JoinFilter>
> </NestedLoop>

Well, the downside is that such a format means explain output is now
twice as long. But I'd love to see something like that as an option. I'd
also still like to see an SQL-parseable version as well, since I think
there's applications for that.

As for those who can't manage to post EXPLAIN ANALYZE to the list; as
long as ANALYZE isn't the default I don't see how making a less
human-readable version the default will solve anything, because we'll
still perpetually be asking people for the output of EXPLAIN ANALYZE. If
we want to increase the number of people who provide useful information
in initial performance questions, the answer is to make the information
about what to submit more prominent.

Сообщение: Re: Get explain output of postgresql in Tables
Сообщение: Re: Get explain output of postgresql in Tables