Re: Get explain output of postgresql in Tables

От Mischa Sandberg
Тема Re: Get explain output of postgresql in Tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 04:53:20PM +0200, Thomas Hallgren wrote:
>
>><NestedLoop cost="1.06..40.43" rows="5" width="244">
>>   <JoinFilter publicTenk1Unique2="int4_tbl.f1">
>>      <HashAggregate cost="1.06..1.11" rows="5" width="4"/>
>>   </JoinFilter>
>></NestedLoop>
>

> Well, the downside is that such a format means explain output is now
> twice as long. But I'd love to see something like that as an option. I'd
> also still like to see an SQL-parseable version as well, since I think
> there's applications for that.

On the plus side, a complex xml document is an easy read in a browser (IE or
Firefox, either way). Hard to picture the representation in relational tables,
though ... did you have some specific idea for what to do with a plan in SQL,
once it was parsed?

--
Engineers think that equations approximate reality.
Physicists think that reality approximates the equations.