Re: Get explain output of postgresql in Tables

От Thomas Hallgren
Тема Re: Get explain output of postgresql in Tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Richard Huxton wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>>
>> I dislike the thought of encouraging people to post stuff in a
>> not-easily-readable format.  They won't do it anyway, if it's not
>> default; look how we still can't get people to send EXPLAIN ANALYZE
>> output the first time.
>
> It certainly needs to be one format for both purposes.
>
>> One idea that comes to mind is to work up some trivial little script
>> that undoes the more common forms of cut-and-paste damage.
>>
>> I wonder if it would help much just to change EXPLAIN to indent with
>> something other than spaces?  Maybe instead of
>>
>> Nested Loop  (cost=1.06..40.43 rows=5 width=244)
>>   Join Filter: (public.tenk1.unique2 = int4_tbl.f1)
>>   ->  HashAggregate  (cost=1.06..1.11 rows=5 width=4)
>>
>> print
>>
>> Nested Loop  (cost=1.06..40.43 rows=5 width=244)
>> --Join Filter: (public.tenk1.unique2 = int4_tbl.f1)
>> ----> HashAggregate  (cost=1.06..1.11 rows=5 width=4)
>>
>> Not sure what would look nice, but this would at least remove the hazard
>> from stuff that thinks whitespace isn't significant.
>
> That's the sort of thing I was thinking of, or even something like:
> 1> Nested Loop ...
> 1.1> Join Filter...
> 1.1.1> HashAggregate...
> 1.2> etc

Why not go all the way. Here's the above using Satoshi's suggestion:

<NestedLoop cost="1.06..40.43" rows="5" width="244">   <JoinFilter publicTenk1Unique2="int4_tbl.f1">
<HashAggregatecost="1.06..1.11" rows="5" width="4"/>   </JoinFilter>

</NestedLoop>

Easy to copy/paste and whitespace doesn't matter. Easy to read (well, to some at least) and
can be even easier if you have access to an XML viewer.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

От: "Bort, Paul"
Сообщение: Re: plpgsql by default
От: "Jim C. Nasby"
Сообщение: Re: Get explain output of postgresql in Tables