Re: Summer of Code Preparation

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: Summer of Code Preparation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, Jim Nasby wrote:

> One idea that comes to mind is to come up with a list of popular OSS projects
> that we'd like to see add PostgreSQL support and have students work on
> those...

As nice an idea as this is, we'd also need to quickly co-ordinate with
those projects to make sure that there is a semblance of a chance of
having those patches included in their distribution ... I realize that the
Code of Summer program doesn't need a guarantee that the code will be
committed, but if we're going to do something like the above, would rather
see it done for projects that wanted the end results ...

----