Re: PostgreSQl newbie! -PLease help, pgAdmin3 on Debian!

От lmyho
Тема Re: PostgreSQl newbie! -PLease help, pgAdmin3 on Debian!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

> >>Some examples of pg_hba.conf entries are shown in Example 19-1. See the next
> >>section for details on the different authentication methods.
> >>

> The authentication methods are handled between the libraries (libpq and
> libpxx) and the server.  They are transparent to the application.
>
> identd sameuser means use the identd service to require look up the
> owner of the process and log him/her in accordingly.  This means that
> you cannot change your login name but don't require a password (if you
> are on the DB server-- do not trust it remotely).
>
> For remote connections kerberos can be used instead, though this takes
> more setup and knowledge of Kerberos as a system.

Really thank you Chris!!  I really don't know these.:( Forgot what I  tried last
night, but I ke[t using user postgres to try everytime as I was trying to login as
an admin user. So here you mean actually with the "ident sameuser", the other
username can also login if the access is issued from the user's own process?  (not
sure how should I state it correctly, but hope you know what I mean):

> >>I can't remember what type of connect pgadmin uses.  It might be "TYPE" host.
> >>If it is you will need to add another line to the conf file for that type.
> >>

> >Seems like the pgAdmin3 uses also the Unix socket pipe. I left only the first
> >line in the pg_hba.conf enabled as "local all postgres    trust" and pgAdmin3
> >was able to login.:)
> >

> Right.  But passwords are ineffective with trust authentication.

Thank you for this knowledge too!! So appreciated! otherwise I may end up with my
trust and passwd setting and going to real work!:( wish the doc mentioned it  as
well.

Very kind regards,
leo