Re: PostgreSQl newbie! -PLease help, pgAdmin3 on Debian!

От Richard Broersma Jr
Тема Re: PostgreSQl newbie! -PLease help, pgAdmin3 on Debian!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
 Please can anyone help me here?  I've been so frustrated.:(  If there is auto-created password
> for this auto-created postgres user, please anyone tell me what it is??  And also otherwise, how
> can I log-in using the "ident auth" method??

If you just getting started with postgresql you will want to change the user postgres ident to
"trust".

Then you should be able to log into postgresql using "psql -U postgres -d template1"

There you can change the postgres db-user password with

alter user postgres password 'password';

once completed then log out using "\q"

Now if you wanted to change you ident method back to md5 you will be able to use you new password.

This should work, but you would probably be better server by following the directions in the
postgresql documentation.

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.