PostgreSQl newbie! -PLease help, pgAdmin3 on Debian!

От lmyho
Тема PostgreSQl newbie! -PLease help, pgAdmin3 on Debian!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Dear All,

I am totally new to the PostgreSQL.  I just installed the PostgreSQL and pgAdmin3 on my Debian system, using the apt-get install command.  Apparently, the initial database and the user "postgres" have also been automatically created during the installation.

It seems good.  But I got big trouble to login to this initial db by using this auto-created username "postgres" through pgAdmin!!:(((  The first time failed due to "Ident authentication failed", then follow the suggestion on the pop-up window of pgAdmin, I changed the ident method in the pg_hda.conf file all to md5, then the database ask me for the password!!  I couldn't figure out the passwd so I tried to created rules in the pg_ident.conf file to map both the ordinary user and root user to postgres, then tried again.  But still, failed again by "ident authentication failed"!!!:(((  I've tried many times for all I could think, everytime failed, so frustrated:(((  Everytime I did "pg_ctl reload" before trying, and I could see the failure reason changed after I do reload.

Please can anyone help me here?  I've been so frustrated.:(  If there is auto-created password for this auto-created postgres user, please anyone tell me what it is??  And also otherwise, how can I login using the "ident auth" method??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!  Thank you so much for help!!!

leo