Re: PostgreSQL support on Redhat Advance Server 2.1

От Leon Pu
Тема Re: PostgreSQL support on Redhat Advance Server 2.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/OLD/v7.4.7/rpms/redhat/rhel-es-2.1/

> > But I want to install newer PostgreSQL in Redhat Advance Server
> 2.1, at
> > least version 8.0.4.
> >
> > Any possibility to install 8.0.4 or newer PostgreSQL?
>
> None of the RPM package builders have a box running RHEL 2.1, and we
> abandoned support for that. In my buildfarm I have a sata disk that
> RHEL
> 2.1 cannot recognize:(
>
> Anyway, if you want, I can send you the instructions about how to
> build
> RPMs on your platform.

Hi Devrim,

is there any article or annoucement about abandon support on REEL2.1
which I can refer to?

Please send me the instructions to build RPMs on RHEL 2.1.

Anyway, is there any potential problem to install unofficial downloaded
PostgreSQL?

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Best regards,
Leon