Re: Building Windows Server Extensions Using VC++ 2005

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Building Windows Server Extensions Using VC++ 2005
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > > In pg_config.h:405 this is defined:
> > >
> > > /* Define to 1 if you have the <strings.h> header file. */ #define
> > > HAVE_STRINGS_H 1
> > >
> > > However, Visual Studio 2005 does not include this file.  For a
> > > workaround I simply added it but that's a bit of hack.
> >
> > Ah, so even though you are using MSVC, you are using the
> > config file from MinGW.  Easy fix, included in the patch
> > below, and applied for 8.2.
>
> Um, is WIN32_CLIENT_ONLY really defined when you're building a backend
> extension? That seems wrong.

Well, it is defined:
#if defined(_MSC_VER) || defined(__BORLANDC__)#define WIN32_CLIENT_ONLY#endif

> The whole problem seems to be the using of the pg_config.h from mingw
> when building with msvc. Why not just use the correct pg_config.h in the
> first place? What happens then?

We can't generate a pg_config.h for WIN32_CLIENT_ONLY because there is
no shell build environment.

> IIRC, there were other problems building extensions with MSVC - such as
> struct alignment and stuff. Not sure if that has been taken care of? If
> not, there really isn't much point in fixing the headers alone :-)

Well, I figure alignment would be based on the CPU, not the compiler,
but I might be wrong.

I added the capability, and why it was added, so if we decide the idea
is a failure, we know what to remove.

--  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us SRA OSS, Inc.   http://www.sraoss.com

Сообщение: Re: problem with large maintenance_work_mem settings and
Сообщение: Re: problem with large maintenance_work_mem settings and