Re: Building Windows Server Extensions Using VC++ 2005

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Building Windows Server Extensions Using VC++ 2005
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > In pg_config.h:405 this is defined:
> >
> > /* Define to 1 if you have the <strings.h> header file. */ #define
> > HAVE_STRINGS_H 1
> >
> > However, Visual Studio 2005 does not include this file.  For a
> > workaround I simply added it but that's a bit of hack.
>
> Ah, so even though you are using MSVC, you are using the
> config file from MinGW.  Easy fix, included in the patch
> below, and applied for 8.2.

Um, is WIN32_CLIENT_ONLY really defined when you're building a backend
extension? That seems wrong.

The whole problem seems to be the using of the pg_config.h from mingw
when building with msvc. Why not just use the correct pg_config.h in the
first place? What happens then?

IIRC, there were other problems building extensions with MSVC - such as
struct alignment and stuff. Not sure if that has been taken care of? If
not, there really isn't much point in fixing the headers alone :-)

//Magnus