Re: Help with trigger that updates a row prior to a potentially aborted deletion?

От Simon Kinsella
Тема Re: Help with trigger that updates a row prior to a potentially aborted deletion?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi Andrew,

I think I may have cracked this problem by combining a RULE ON DELETE which
calls a function instead of the standard DELETE op.  No triggers. It was a
real nightmare as it was my first attempt at a rule and it kept ending up in
circular self-references. In the end though it boiled down to a pretty
compact solution. It's getting late now but I'll be testing it out properly
tomorrow.  I can post it up then if you're interested.

Thanks for your help,

Simon