Re: Help with trigger that updates a row prior to a potentially aborted deletion?

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Help with trigger that updates a row prior to a potentially aborted deletion?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 08:41:20PM -0000, Simon Kinsella wrote:
> Ok thanks, will check this out. Is that the same as savepoints, or something
> different? (am using 8.1.2)

Yes, same thing.

> At the moment I'm investigating using a rule (rewrite the DELETE as an
> UPDATE to set the flag, then use an AFTER UPDATE trigger to attempt to
> delete the row if the flag was set). Not sure if it's going to work but if
> so I'll post back.

In a message you sent that I read after I sent mine, you also said
you had to be able to handle deletes from the table with CASCADE.  My
suggestion won't work for that, I don't think (but it might be worth
a try).  The only other thing I can think of is just flag everything,
and use a daemon to go around and perform the actual deletes for you.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The plural of anecdote is not data.    --Roger Brinner