Re: Adding an ignore list to pg_restore, prototype patch #1

От Martin Pitt
Тема Re: Adding an ignore list to pg_restore, prototype patch #1
Дата
Re: Adding an ignore list to pg_restore, prototype patch #1  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Adding an ignore list to pg_restore, prototype patch #1  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi again,

Martin Pitt [2006-02-19 14:39 +0100]:
> Since this changes the behaviour of pg_restore, this should probably
> become an option, e. g. -D / --ignore-existing-table-data. I'll do
> this if you agree to the principle of the current patch.

I improved the patch now to only ignore TABLE DATA for existing tables
if '-X ignore-existing-tables' is specified. I also updated the
documentation.

Since this doesn't change the default behaviour now any more, I would
like to put this patch into the Debian packages to provide automatic
upgrades for PostGIS-enabled databases (see [1]). Does anyone object
to this?

Do you consider to adopt this upstream?

Thanks in advance, and have a nice weekend!

Martin

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/351571

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

Вложения