Re: Adding an ignore list to pg_restore, prototype patch #1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Adding an ignore list to pg_restore, prototype patch #1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Martin Pitt <mpitt@debian.org> writes:
> Martin Pitt [2006-02-19 14:39 +0100]:
>> Since this changes the behaviour of pg_restore, this should probably
>> become an option, e. g. -D / --ignore-existing-table-data. I'll do
>> this if you agree to the principle of the current patch.

> I improved the patch now to only ignore TABLE DATA for existing tables
> if '-X ignore-existing-tables' is specified. I also updated the
> documentation.

This patch is unbelievably ugly and probably vulnerable to coredumps.
Please use a cleaner way of disabling the subsequent load than tromping
all over the TOC datastructure, ie, not this:

> +                                            strcpy (tes->desc, "IGNOREDATA");

BTW, I'm pretty sure it fails for tables with same names in different
schemas, too.