Re: How to find data directory

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: How to find data directory
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 04:34:16PM -0800, Ken Hill wrote:
> That works nice. It shows my data directory in
> '/var/lib/postgresql/7.4/main'. When I do an ls command, I get:
>
> $ sudo ls /var/lib/postgresql/7.4/main
> base    pg_clog      pg_ident.conf  pg_xlog          postmaster.opts
> root.crt
> global  pg_hba.conf  PG_VERSION     postgresql.conf  postmaster.pid
>
> I have created two database named 'testdb' and 'csalgorithm'. How do I
> find these databases? I was expecting the databases to be subdirectories
> under the database directory (e.g. /var/lib/postresql/7.4/main/testdb
> and /var/lib/postgresql/7.4/main/csalgorithm).

Database directories are under the "base" directory with names that
match their oid in pg_database.  So if pg_database has

SELECT oid, datname FROM pg_database;
  oid  |  datname
-------+-----------
     1 | template1
 17141 | template0
(2 rows)

then the files for template1 will be under base/1 and the files for
template0 will be under base/17141.

In versions 8.0 and later you can control where database files go
by using tablespaces, and earlier versions had an "alternative
location" mechanism.  See the "Managing Databases" chapter in the
documentation to learn about those features.

--
Michael Fuhr

Сообщение: Re: How to find data directory
Сообщение: Re: How to find data directory