Re: upgrade database to 8.1 - 2GB file limit (pg_dump)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: upgrade database to 8.1 - 2GB file limit (pg_dump)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Am Mittwoch, 30. November 2005 15:17 schrieb Tomeh, Husam:
> I'm upgrading from 8.0 to 8.1 on RedHat 2.6 kernel. I'm hitting the file
> max limit of 2 GB file when I pg_dump my database (even if I compress
> the dump file as it gets generated using a pipe). pg_dump is the
> recommendation stated in the INSTALL doc to upgrade; what would be the
> next recommendation to upgrade the database?

Even though the 2 GB file size limit should be a thing of the past on modern
Linux systems, if you can't figure it out, there are some tricks to reduce
the file size listed here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/backup.html#BACKUP-DUMP-LARGE

--
Peter Eisentraut