upgrade database to 8.1 - 2GB file limit (pg_dump)

От Tomeh, Husam
Тема upgrade database to 8.1 - 2GB file limit (pg_dump)
Дата
Re: upgrade database to 8.1 - 2GB file limit (pg_dump)
Список pgsql-admin
I'm upgrading from 8.0 to 8.1 on RedHat 2.6 kernel. I'm hitting the file
max limit of 2 GB file when I pg_dump my database (even if I compress
the dump file as it gets generated using a pipe). pg_dump is the
recommendation stated in the INSTALL doc to upgrade; what would be the
next recommendation to upgrade the database?  Can I use the -Fc option
in pg_dump instead of the plain-text (default)  ?  Thanks in advance.

---

   Husam Tomeh
This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above and may
containinformation that is legally privileged.  If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering
itto the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is
strictlyprohibited.  If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by replying to the
messageand delete the original message immediately thereafter.

Thank you.

                                   FADLD Tag