Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 03:45:16PM +0200, Matteo Beccati wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> >Well, this apparently indicates a bug in the new multixact code, but
> >there's not enough info here to figure out what went wrong.  Can you
> >create a test case that will let someone else reproduce the problem?
>
> Unfortunately the error pops up randomly in a very complex app/db and I
> am unable to produce a test case :(

Go up a few levels to GetMultiXactIdMembers and type "info locals", see
if we can get the values of some of the variables there. Also, if you
can turn the debugging down to -O0, that will make the results in gdb
much more reliable.

It's clear at least that "length" is negative, but what about the other
variables...

Do you use a lot of subtransactions, function, savepoints, anything
like that?

Hope this helps,