Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size

От Matteo Beccati
Тема Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> Go up a few levels to GetMultiXactIdMembers and type "info locals", see
> if we can get the values of some of the variables there. Also, if you
> can turn the debugging down to -O0, that will make the results in gdb
> much more reliable.
>
> It's clear at least that "length" is negative, but what about the other
> variables...

I already recompiled all with -O0 to be sure that I was able to have a
backtrace. This is the full bt:

#2  0x0827b5cf in MemoryContextAlloc (context=0x856bcc8,
size=4278026492) at mcxt.c:505        __func__ = "MemoryContextAlloc"
#3  0x080b6a16 in GetMultiXactIdMembers (multi=320306, xids=0xbfbfaba4)
at multixact.c:935        pageno = 156        prev_pageno = 156        entryno = 819        slotno = 2        offptr =
(MultiXactOffset*) 0x286536ac        offset = 4235201        length = -4235201        i = 138425096        nextMXact =
320308       tmpMXact = 320307        nextOffset = 4235265        ptr = (TransactionId *) 0xbfbfab78

> Do you use a lot of subtransactions, function, savepoints, anything
> like that?

I just removed a subtransaction that I put in a function that was used
to capture the deadlock errors. That subtransaction was actually useless
because I removed the FOR UPDATE clause that was causing the deadlock,
but the alloc error is still there. I'll try to search through the code
to find some other subtransactions.

Best regards
--
Matteo Beccati
http://phpadsnew.com

Сообщение: Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size