Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0? > Access-like Query builder > C++ Vector-based GUI binding

От Matthew Peter
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0? > Access-like Query builder > C++ Vector-based GUI binding
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This thread should continue under the proper title
since it's been hi-jacked .

I didn't read your entire post. If you know how to
join a pk and fk it's not difficult to build an
effective diagram on paper and reuse the same schema
for other applications.

> > I think there really is a need for a rich DB
> client that allows Rapid
> > development and is easy to link to an office
> Suite. To be useful to a
> > business a database needs the applications built
> on top of it

Ya I watched the videos on microsofts new Mail &
sparkle applications. Mail suprisingly uses a database
backend to manage their files which may helped open
eyes of the ways they could use them in other ares of
the desktop.

For instance, w/ sparkle you could write a simple
program to do what you need as defining tables and
relationships is easy. They also have a 3d engine so
you can emerse yourself in the database and fly around
the tables!

Is it possible to bind vector interfaces to C++ apps
w/ libs like (<a
href="http://www.linuxartist.org/2d.html">ZODIUS</a>)?
I'm not sure how ENLIGHTENMENT runs their engine on
xorg but it's not vector based.

If possible I'd like to know. I don't have the time
now but in the near future I plan to find out. Maybe
someone here already knows?

It would be pretty neat to build desktop packages that
scale and stretch any resolution or device.

http://mail.yahoo.com