Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?

От Jeffrey Melloy
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Oct 13, 2005, at 12:00 PM, Alex Turner wrote:

> <snip>
>

> >Instance Manager:  Uniquely MySQL.  It allows things like starting
> and
> >stopping the database remotely.
> >

> I cannot think of a reason ever to need this when we have OpenSSH....
> <snip>
>
> I'm just curious, but how does this work for a windows box?

There are plenty of Remote Management options for Windows.  One of
the common ones ships with XP Pro and allows you to start and stop
services remotely, etc.

Jeff

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Gotchas
От: Matthew Peter
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0? > Access-like Query builder > C++ Vector-based GUI binding