Re: PostgreSQL's bug tracker

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: PostgreSQL's bug tracker
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL's bug tracker  (Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de>)
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 10 Oct 2005, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>> IIRC the last time this was brought up it was violently shot-down on
>> -hackers (and the fact that bugzilla didn't directly support PostgreSQL
>> back then had nothing to do with it).
>>

> Yep, but you never know. Someday it just may happen. The community got
> Linus to stop using his email box for patches, maybe someday we will get
> there too.

Just as a suggestion/thought ... *if* you have the resources (or someone
else wants to step up to it), why not setup the bug tracker, work with the
-www guys on having the 'bug submission' stuff feed into it, and get a
liason in place between it and -hackers?  put the structure into place,
get ppl used to submitting/using it, and over time, it might be easier to
get the developers themselves to use it vs having a middle man?

There may be some developers that will go over relatively easily *once*
its in place, and others that stay resistent to it for awhile ...

----