Re: PostgreSQL's bug tracker

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: PostgreSQL's bug tracker
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Oct 2005, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>

>>> IIRC the last time this was brought up it was violently shot-down on
>>> -hackers (and the fact that bugzilla didn't directly support PostgreSQL
>>> back then had nothing to do with it).
>>>

>> Yep, but you never know. Someday it just may happen. The community
>> got Linus to stop using his email box for patches, maybe someday we
>> will get there too.
>

> Just as a suggestion/thought ... *if* you have the resources (or
> someone else wants to step up to it), why not setup the bug tracker,
> work with the -www guys on having the 'bug submission' stuff feed into
> it, and get a liason in place between it and -hackers?  put the
> structure into place, get ppl used to submitting/using it, and over
> time, it might be easier to get the developers themselves to use it vs
> having a middle man?
>
> There may be some developers that will go over relatively easily
> *once* its in place, and others that stay resistent to it for awhile ...

I have thought about that, however I would at least at some level want a
blessing. For example, if we did that would we do it with
pgFoundry bug tracking? Or would we use Trac? Or Bugzilla?

If we got some interest in a particular direction then I bet some people
(including us) would step up.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake