Redhat 9 RPM dependency problem

От han.holl@tietoenator.com
Тема Redhat 9 RPM dependency problem
Дата
Re: Redhat 9 RPM dependency problem  (Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@gunduz.org>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

If I run 'rpm -qp --requires postgresql-libs-8.0.3-1PGDG.i686.rpm' on a
freshly downloaded RH9 rpm, I get:

/sbin/ldconfig
/sbin/ldconfig
libc.so.6
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)
libcom_err.so.2
libcrypt.so.1
libcrypt.so.1(GLIBC_2.0)
libcrypto.so.4
libecpg.so.4
libm.so.6
libm.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)
libnsl.so.1
libpgtypes.so.1
libpq.so.3
libresolv.so.2
libssl.so.4
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1

Notice libpq.so.3. and libecpg.so.4 (of the 7.x series).

This means that 8.0.3 declares itself dependent on the earlier version of the
libpq library, thus forcing me to install the compat-postgresql-libs, even
though I have no software installed that actually needs the old libraries.

This looks like a RPM packageing error, probably because of a problematic
configuration on the machine of the packager.
I did a rebuild from the source rpm, and now the phony dependencies are gone.

Cheers,

Han Holl