Re: Redhat 9 RPM dependency problem

От Devrim GUNDUZ
Тема Re: Redhat 9 RPM dependency problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, han.holl@tietoenator.com wrote:

> If I run 'rpm -qp --requires postgresql-libs-8.0.3-1PGDG.i686.rpm' on a
> freshly downloaded RH9 rpm, I get:
>
> /sbin/ldconfig
> /sbin/ldconfig
> libc.so.6
> libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)
> libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)
> libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)
> libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2)
> libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)
> libcom_err.so.2
> libcrypt.so.1
> libcrypt.so.1(GLIBC_2.0)
> libcrypto.so.4
> libecpg.so.4
> libm.so.6
> libm.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)
> libnsl.so.1
> libpgtypes.so.1
> libpq.so.3
> libresolv.so.2
> libssl.so.4
> rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
> rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
>
> Notice libpq.so.3. and libecpg.so.4 (of the 7.x series).
>
> This means that 8.0.3 declares itself dependent on the earlier version of the
> libpq library, thus forcing me to install the compat-postgresql-libs, even
> though I have no software installed that actually needs the old libraries.
>
> This looks like a RPM packageing error, probably because of a problematic
> configuration on the machine of the packager.
> I did a rebuild from the source rpm, and now the phony dependencies are gone.

Sorry for the late response.

On my RH 9 box, I've rebuilt our SRPM and here is the result:

[root@evim SRPMS]# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)
[root@evim SRPMS]# rpm -qp --requires /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i686/postgresql-libs-8.0.3-1PGDG.i686.rpm |grep libpq
libpq.so.4

It's the same box that I've built RH9 RPMs previously...

I'll upload the new RPMs now, maybe there were another problem during the
previous packaging.

Thanks.

--
Devrim GUNDUZ
Kivi Bilişim Teknolojileri - http://www.kivi.com.tr

Сообщение: Re: Help with inventory control
Сообщение: Re: Help with inventory control