Re: Questions about Rollback - after insert, update, delete ... operations?

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Questions about Rollback - after insert, update, delete ... operations?
Дата
Re: Questions about Rollback - after insert, update, delete ... operations?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 15:20:17 -0400,
  Emi Lu <emilu@cs.concordia.ca> wrote:
> greetings,
>
> I remembered I read something in the mailing list about "*rollback*" a
> while ago. People mentioned that some operations cannot rollback.
> I cannot remember what kinds of perations are not be able to rollback?

I actually have the message saved for reference, so it is easier attach it
rather than try to figure out how to link to it in the archives.
> I wasn't able to find where this is spelled out in the documentation,
> but I believe all DDL commands except DROP DATABASE can be rolled back now.

I don't think there's any all-in-one-place statement about it, but
anything that doesn't explicitly object to being put inside a
transaction block can be rolled back.  Grepping for
PreventTransactionChain, I see that the current suspects are

CLUSTER            (only the multi-table variants)
CREATE DATABASE
DROP DATABASE
REINDEX DATABASE
CREATE TABLESPACE