Re: small proposal: pg_config record flag variables?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: small proposal: pg_config record flag variables?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Am Dienstag, 9. August 2005 20:49 schrieb Tom Lane:
> Currently, pg_config will tell about the configure options that were
> used, but it does not let you find out if any environment variables were
> used to determine CC, CFLAGS, etc.

If you put these flags onto the configure command line, then they are
recorded. E.g.:

$ ./pg_config --configure
'--prefix=/home/peter/devel/pg81/pg-install' 'CFLAGS=-W'

This is good for reproducing the build.  If you really want to know everything
about the build environment, then you should look into config.log.  We
shouldn't install config.log by default because it contains information that
you might not want to publish, but it's the place to look at for diagnosing
the build environment.