Re: Alter Table vs. Rename/Create/Drop table with plpgsql functions.

От Mark R. Dingee
Тема Re: Alter Table vs. Rename/Create/Drop table with plpgsql functions.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Robert,

If you have the luxury of taking the production db offline for a few minutes
or if you're just making changes in a test environment, this process works:

given:
create table test1 (
    id       integer,
    txt1    text,
    txt2    text
);

execute at command line:
pg_dump [dbname]> backups/renametable.sql

use your favorite text editor to change the above create table statement in
backups/renametable.sql to:

create table test1 (
    id       integer,
    txt0    text,
    txt1    text,
    txt2    text
);

execute at command line:
dropdb [dbname]; createdb [dbname]; cat backups/renametable.sql | psql

it's not the most graceful of methods, but it works.

Mark