Re: duplicate messages?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: duplicate messages?
Дата
Re: duplicate messages?  (Paul Tillotson <spam1011@adelphia.net>)
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 11:46:05AM -0400, Robert Treat wrote:

> Seems unlikely unless folks like Tom Lane, Stephan Szabo, and Richard
> Huxton have unsubscribed and resubscribed lately... Funny thing is it
> isnt every messages, but maybe half of them. And its not to specific
> users, sometimes one of Toms emails will duplicate but sometimes not.
> Further more it only seems to be happening on pgsql-general emails and
> not on any of the other lists... I also notice this is only happening on
> one of my subscribed emails, not the other, which is a little weird...
> according to the headers though, this problem is happening further
> upstream.

I'd think it would be a problem with your "last mile", because it seems
to be a localized problem.  Maybe an SMTP server dropping connections at
the last moment, or a deliver program crashing after delivering (leading
to re-delivery), or something like that.

You'd have to show us the headers though.

"Find a bug in a program, and fix it, and the program will work today.
Show the program how to find and fix a bug, and the program
will work forever" (Oliver Silfridge)