Re: duplicate messages?

От Paul Tillotson
Тема Re: duplicate messages?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alvaro Herrera wrote:

>On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 11:46:05AM -0400, Robert Treat wrote:
>

>>Seems unlikely unless folks like Tom Lane, Stephan Szabo, and Richard
>>Huxton have unsubscribed and resubscribed lately... Funny thing is it
>>isnt every messages, but maybe half of them. And its not to specific
>>users, sometimes one of Toms emails will duplicate but sometimes not.
>>Further more it only seems to be happening on pgsql-general emails and
>>not on any of the other lists... I also notice this is only happening on
>>one of my subscribed emails, not the other, which is a little weird...
>>according to the headers though, this problem is happening further
>>upstream.
>>

>I'd think it would be a problem with your "last mile", because it seems
>to be a localized problem.  Maybe an SMTP server dropping connections at
>the last moment, or a deliver program crashing after delivering (leading
>to re-delivery), or something like that.
>
>You'd have to show us the headers though.

For the last few days, I am getting about half of the messages on
-general in duplicate also. I've attached two messages that I got in
duplicate for header perusal.

It seems kind of unlikely that this should start happening to all of us
at once.

Paul

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 04:46:56PM +0200, denis@edistar.com wrote:
> I'm now testing with pg_pool installed on each apache frontend with 260
> pg_pool preforked clients in each machine.
>
> The database seems to work better. At least when it goes to swap it
> doesn't stop working...

Wait, are you saying your database server is swapping? You'll never get
any kind of performance if that's the case.

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

От: Dorine Periolat
Сообщение: Trigger ad mutli database
От: germ germ
Сообщение: Re: problem inserting with sequence