Re: duplicate messages?

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: duplicate messages?
Дата
Re: duplicate messages?  (Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to>)
Re: duplicate messages?  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 10:09, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> > Anyone else getting duplicate messages?  I seem to be getting them
> > sporadically on different messages on pgsql-general.  Seems to have started
> > sometime Monday morning (estern us time)
>
> One reason this happens is because people post to the list from an address
> which is not subscribed. Their message gets addded the moderator's queue.
> They then realize that they were not subscribed, and either subscribe
> and send again, or send from another account, or send again so it gets
> added to the moderator's queue multiple times. The moderator comes along and
> approves the message(s) at some point. Thus, duplicate messages. In an ideal
> world, the moderator or the original poster is constantly reading the list
> and realized the post has already made it. Of course, in an ideal world,
> people would subscribe to the list before attempting to send to it. :)

Seems unlikely unless folks like Tom Lane, Stephan Szabo, and Richard
Huxton have unsubscribed and resubscribed lately... Funny thing is it
isnt every messages, but maybe half of them. And its not to specific
users, sometimes one of Toms emails will duplicate but sometimes not.
Further more it only seems to be happening on pgsql-general emails and
not on any of the other lists... I also notice this is only happening on
one of my subscribed emails, not the other, which is a little weird...
according to the headers though, this problem is happening further
upstream.

Robert Treat