Re: psql copy errors

От 李江华
Тема Re: psql copy errors
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
David Bear:

        Yes. I agree with you.
        \copy is really too brittle.
        I wonder why \copy is not like oracle's sqlldr?
        I think sqlldr is more powerful. When using sqlldr,we can specify the maximum error records we allow,and we can
alsospecify the number we should commit in every transaction.

        I think PostgreSQL should consider this.

       Another aspect is also important. Oracle has better partition table facilities,it's especially suitable for
largetables,as well as index partition concepts.But PostgreSQL has no such concepts.These are really important for
largedatabase.

        I think if PostgreSQL can implement those above in the future.It will be more powerful and more suitable for
largebusiness application.

======= 2005-06-24 03:27:44 you wrote:=======

>I'm finding the \copy is very brittle. It seems to stop for everyone
>little reason. Is there a way to tell it to be more forgiving -- for
>example, to ignore extra data fields that might exists on a line?
>
>Or, to have it just skip that offending record but continue on to the
>next.
>
>I've got a tab delimited file, but if \copy sees any extra tabs in the
>file it just stops at that record. I want to be able to control what
>pg does when it hits an exception.
>
>I'm curious what others do for bulk data migration. Since copy seems
>so brittle, there must be a better way...
>
>--
>David Bear
>phone:     480-965-8257
>fax:     480-965-9189
>College of Public Programs/ASU
>Wilson Hall 232
>Tempe, AZ 85287-0803
> "Beware the IP portfolio, everyone will be suspect of trespassing"

       Best regards!

                               李江华
                               Seamus Dean
                               Alibaba.com