psql copy errors

От David Bear
Тема psql copy errors
Дата
Re: psql copy errors  (Vladimir Yevdokimov <vladimir@givex.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
I'm finding the \copy is very brittle. It seems to stop for everyone
little reason. Is there a way to tell it to be more forgiving -- for
example, to ignore extra data fields that might exists on a line?

Or, to have it just skip that offending record but continue on to the
next.

I've got a tab delimited file, but if \copy sees any extra tabs in the
file it just stops at that record. I want to be able to control what
pg does when it hits an exception.

I'm curious what others do for bulk data migration. Since copy seems
so brittle, there must be a better way...

--
David Bear
phone:     480-965-8257