Re: Postfix/Maildrop and too many connections issues

От Roman Neuhauser
Тема Re: Postfix/Maildrop and too many connections issues
Дата
Re: Postfix/Maildrop and too many connections issues  (Sven Willenberger <sven@dmv.com>)
Список pgsql-general
# sven@dmv.com / 2005-06-21 15:00:12 -0400:
> We have a system set up whereby postfix and maildrop gather user info
> from a pg database (7.4.2 on FreeBSD 5.2.1) to do local mail acceptance
> and delivery. I have configured max connections at 512 but I find that
> this is not enough and I get "connection limit exceeded for
> non-superusers" errors. I see upon ps ax that there are hundreds of idle
> connections (state I).
>
> Is there any way on the server end to close these connections (the
> process is apparently for postfix and then maildrop to open a
> connection, run one select statement, and supposedly close the
> connection).

    You are barking up the wrong software. See proxymap(8). (It's
    mentioned in http://www.postfix.org/PGSQL_README.html)

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.

От: Sven Willenberger
Сообщение: Re: Postfix/Maildrop and too many connections issues