Re: Postfix/Maildrop and too many connections issues

От Sven Willenberger
Тема Re: Postfix/Maildrop and too many connections issues
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 01:30 +0200, Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> # sven@dmv.com / 2005-06-21 15:00:12 -0400:
> > We have a system set up whereby postfix and maildrop gather user info
> > from a pg database (7.4.2 on FreeBSD 5.2.1) to do local mail acceptance
> > and delivery. I have configured max connections at 512 but I find that
> > this is not enough and I get "connection limit exceeded for
> > non-superusers" errors. I see upon ps ax that there are hundreds of idle
> > connections (state I).
> >
> > Is there any way on the server end to close these connections (the
> > process is apparently for postfix and then maildrop to open a
> > connection, run one select statement, and supposedly close the
> > connection).
>
>     You are barking up the wrong software. See proxymap(8). (It's
>     mentioned in http://www.postfix.org/PGSQL_README.html)

Thanks for the tip ... edited my main.cf so that transport,aliases, etc
use proxymap so this should help somewhat. Apparently in version 2.2. it
is safe to use for UIDs/maildirs/paths etc so I may have to make the
upgrade leap. Now to see if maildrop (the local mailer) has a similar
feature.

Sven

От: "Sim Zacks"
Сообщение: Re: is this a bug ?
От: "Sean Cardus"
Сообщение: Problems upgrading to 7.4.8 from 7.2.4