Re: is this a bug ?

От Sim Zacks
Тема Re: is this a bug ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This is a normal error.
If you want to remove the sequence first you have to remove the default
value from the sequenced field.
remember serial means int4 with a default of get next serial number.

ALTER TABLE test
   ALTER COLUMN test_id_key DROP DEFAULT;

After that you could probably drop the sequence without a problem

"Cedric BRINER" <work@infomaniak.ch> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> I'm facing this problem
>
> DROP TABLE test;
> DROP TABLE new_test;
> CREATE TABLE test (id serial NOT NULL UNIQUE, nom varchar(32));
> INSERT INTO test ("nom") values ('cedric');
> INSERT INTO test ("nom") values ('felix');
> INSERT INTO test ("nom") values ('julien');
>
> CREATE TABLE new_test (id serial NOT NULL UNIQUE, nom varchar(32));
> INSERT INTO new_test SELECT * FROM test;
>
> ALTER TABLE new_test ALTER COLUMN id SET DEFAULT
nextval('public.test_id_seq');