Re: User Quota Implementation

От Yann Michel
Тема Re: User Quota Implementation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi folks!

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 11:39:06AM -0600, Jonah H. Harris wrote:
> >>On second thought, we need to have a GUC for this, whether I want it or
> >>not. It needs to be optional to the log, yes?   So it would be:
> >>log_tablespace_full = %
> >>with the default being "0" (don't log).
> >
> >On third thought, could we do this as part of the maximum size
> >declaration?  Like:
> >
> >ALTER TABLESPACE tbsp1 SET MAXSIZE 128M MAXWARN 80
> >
> >That would be ideal, since the % you might want could vary per tablespace.
> >This would be emitted as a WARNING to the log every time you run a check
> >(e.g. after each commit).

Yes, that is the best idea, I think. What I don't like with the GUC
variable is, that it is _one_ warninglevel for all tablespaces
independent of their character. If I have two tables in different
tablespaces both with the global 90 percent threshold I may become
warned that tablespace A is 90 percent full, but if this tbsp. will only
grow one percent per day I still have 10 days left. Otherwise if I have
a tablespace B with 9 percent full but 5 percent growth per day that
will only be two days. So normaly id would have been fine to be warned 3
days ago for tablespace B but 5 "to early" for tablespace A.
Did you get the idea?

Regards,
Yann