Re: LGPL

От Dennis Bjorklund
Тема Re: LGPL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > K, that's what confused me as I got the impression it was ok to require
> > LGPL libraries but not GPL.
>
> I think the answer isn't clear on that one.

If that is not clear then what is the difference between a LGPL lib and a
GPL one? To copy code from said lib into pg could never be allowed, but
just linking to it surely can not be a problem.

LGPL libs are used all over by all kinds of closed sorce applications and
that's the whole idea of making things (like glib) into LGPL instead of
GPL. For example Acrobat Reader 7 for unix uses GTK+ and it is LGPL.
Acrobat Reader surely do require GTK+.

--
/Dennis Björklund