Re: Network Storage Devices / NFS ...

От Matthew D. Fuller
Тема Re: Network Storage Devices / NFS ...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 10:19:38PM -0300 I heard the voice of
Marc G. Fournier, and lo! it spake thus:

> Anyone actually dealing with a configuration using this for your
> data drives?  I'm looking for more details on what exactly they are
> using for the NFS server, but I have a client reporting that their
> pg_xlog directory is *full* of .nfs* files that are 'months old' ...
> I'm suspecting that this is some sort of temp file that the NFS
> itself is creating, and is safe to just delete, but am wondering if
> someone out there knows more definitively ... ?

As I recall, that's a side-effect of deleting files on NFS, because of
the statelessness.  If one client has a file open, and another client
deletes it, or two processes on the same client have it open and
deleted respectively, or something on the server...   I can't remember
which case it is.  But they're renames of files that were "deleted".
If nothing has them open (fstat or lsof or something) they should be
safe to delete (but don't blame me if it blows up!).

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd@over-yonder.net