Re: postgres help

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: postgres help
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 02:46:01AM -0700, goa wrote:

> We had developed some apllication with postgres-7.0.3-8 as back end
> now that we have upgraded all our servers to redhat9.0,also we cannot
> use new version of postgres since there is some issues with date fields
> which we use of postgres-7.0

Could you elaborate on those issues?  7.0.3 is over four years
old -- aside from new functionality in later releases, there have
been numerous bug fixes since then.  You really should consider
using a newer version; I'm sure the people on these lists would be
willing to help solve whatever problems that might cause.

> I am not able to compile postgresql-7.0.3-8 on redhat 9.0
> i am getting following error
> checking for POSIX signal interface... yes
> checking for tclsh... (cached) /usr/bin/tclsh
> creating ./config.status
> creating GNUmakefile
> sed: file conftest.s1 line 35: Unterminated `s' command

Does "gcc --version" return more than one line?  According to the
following message, that was a problem that got fixed in 7.2.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-ports/2003-04/msg00015.php

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/