can be database files be copied using 'cp' between hosts with different endianess?

От Vlad Harchev
Тема can be database files be copied using 'cp' between hosts with different endianess?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

I have a quesion - suppose I have sparc box and x86 box running same
release of postgresql compiled with same options. Can I simply copy database
directory between hosts (of course when postgresql server is stopped on both
boxes)?

BTW Mysql (MyISAM) and sqlite allow this.

Thanks for your answer in advance!
--
 Best regards,
  -Vlad