Re: is postgresql 8 is realy mature

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: is postgresql 8 is realy mature
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 11:52:34 +0200,
  Tsirkin Evgeny <tsurkin@mail.jct.ac.il> wrote:

> Hi list!
> We are using currently postgresql 7.3.4 havily and planning an upgrade.
> our choices are either 7.4.x which comes with distribution (suse) or 8.0.1 .
> We can allow our selfs some testing time and minor changes in applications
> if needed but of course this is good to avoid .
> So the question is if the 8.0.1 is really well tested ,or maybe we
> should move
> to 7.4 or just leave 7.3 where it is?
> We wil be thankfull for any sharing of experience .

There aren't a lot of outstanding issues with version 8.0, so using it should
be considered. You might want to look and see if any of the new features
will be useful for you. If not, maybe sticking with 7.4 would be better for
you.
Also note that there is an 8.0.2 beta available and there will probably be
an 8.0.2 release late in the week. If you are going to start testing, you
want to grab 8.0.2.

Сообщение: Re: is postgresql 8 is realy mature
Сообщение: Re: is postgresql 8 is realy mature