Re: Schema comparison tool

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Schema comparison tool
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Agreed, the EMS product really is a slick tool.   On another front, somewhere
on my todo list is to add database diffing abilities to phppgadmin.  There's
a multiple db connection patch floating around that looks like it will be a
help; if I can clear my schedule up enough I might get back to this.

Robert Treat

On Tuesday 15 February 2005 16:31, Bradley D. Snobar wrote:
> The database comparer tool is one of EMS better products.
>
> http://www.sqlmanager.net/
> http://www.sqlmanager.net/products/postgresql/dbcomparer
>
> Jeff Amiel <jamiel@istreamimaging.com> wrote:
> >I'm looking specifically for a tool to help compare 2 database schemas
> >(nominally, production and development) and generate the appropriate SQL
> >(that can be later executed) to bring the to schema's into sync.
> >
> >Option1 :
> >pg_dump -s  firstdatabasename > first
> >pg_dump -s seconddatabasename > second
> >diff first second
> >(obviously wont generate SQL to remedy the differences)
> >
> >Option2:
> >pgdiff (http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgdiff/projdisplay.php)
> >(old abandoned perl project that doesn't work...)
> >
> >Option 3:
> >pgdiff (http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgdiff/projdisplay.php)
> >(old abandoned TCL project which requires AOLServer to run???)
> >
> >Option 4:
> >EMS PostgreSQL DB Comparer
> >(http://www.sqlmanager.net/products/postgresql/dbcomparer)
> >Slick tool...fairly cheap ($69)...doesnt let you exclude certain
> >specific tables/sequences/databases, but otherwise, pretty functional.
> >
> >What does the rest of the postgreSQL admin community do in order to
> >"bring-live" database schema changes from their development environment
> >to production?  Are there other options/techniques out there?
> >
> >Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> >Jeff

> >TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command
> >    (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@postgresql.org)

> Switch to Netscape Internet Service.
> http://isp.netscape.com/register
>
> Netscape. Just the Net You Need.