Re: Schema comparison tool

От bradsnobar@netscape.net (Bradley D. Snobar)
Тема Re: Schema comparison tool
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The database comparer tool is one of EMS better products.

http://www.sqlmanager.net/
http://www.sqlmanager.net/products/postgresql/dbcomparer

Jeff Amiel <jamiel@istreamimaging.com> wrote:

>I'm looking specifically for a tool to help compare 2 database schemas
>(nominally, production and development) and generate the appropriate SQL
>(that can be later executed) to bring the to schema's into sync.
>
>Option1 :
>pg_dump -s  firstdatabasename > first
>pg_dump -s seconddatabasename > second
>diff first second
>(obviously wont generate SQL to remedy the differences)
>
>Option2:
>pgdiff (http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgdiff/projdisplay.php)
>(old abandoned perl project that doesn't work...)
>
>Option 3:
>pgdiff (http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgdiff/projdisplay.php)
>(old abandoned TCL project which requires AOLServer to run???)
>
>Option 4:
>EMS PostgreSQL DB Comparer
>(http://www.sqlmanager.net/products/postgresql/dbcomparer)
>Slick tool...fairly cheap ($69)...doesnt let you exclude certain
>specific tables/sequences/databases, but otherwise, pretty functional.
>
>What does the rest of the postgreSQL admin community do in order to
>"bring-live" database schema changes from their development environment
>to production?  Are there other options/techniques out there?
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Jeff

>    (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@postgresql.org)

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

От: Jeff Amiel
Сообщение: Schema comparison tool
От: "Jim C. Nasby"
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL vs. Oracle, 2005 report card