Re: request: search engine for PostgreSQL site

От Robert Bernier
Тема Re: request: search engine for PostgreSQL site
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Guys,

I sometimes break down and use the onsite search function but I never get what
I'm looking for. I get better results using google.

Rather than build the search function may I suggest using those hooks that
google makes available to search one's own site.

I know this isn't new stuff and it has been thrashed out already but the fact
remains that the current setup doesn't help me (I can only speak of personal
experience)

On January 22, 2005 07:41 am, Ralph Graulich wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as a result of a recent discussion on the PostgreSQL channel on IRC
> concerning the search function in the documentation area of the PostgreSQL
> website, I suggest integrating a search function like the one at
> "http://pgsql.ru".
>
> Personally I think the current search function is not that much useful and
> looking at pgsql.ru yields much better search results.
>
> David Fetter asked me to post this request directly to the pgsql-www list,
> so here I am.
>
> Best regards
> ... Ralph ...

Robert Bernier
 PostgreSQL Business Intelligence Analyst,
  SRA AMERICA (Formerly of One WTC)
  Consulting, PostgreSQL Services & PowerGres on Windows
  One Penn Plaza, Suite 1910
  New York, NY 10119

  Tel:  212.244.8833

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: