Re: How to "COPY schema1.table TO schema2.table" ?

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: How to "COPY schema1.table TO schema2.table" ?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 05:18:49PM +0100, Andreas Neumann wrote:

> Is there a convenient way to move a table (or a bunch of tables) to a
> different schema?

It might be possible by fiddling with the system catalogs, although
I haven't tried it myself.

I'm just brainstorming now, but you could update the table's
relnamespace column in pg_class.  That alone probably wouldn't
suffice, however -- I'd also look for dependent objects in pg_depend,
pg_index, etc., and see if they needed to have columns updated as
well.  Maybe somebody else can think of a complete list.

I see that the TODO list has the following item under ALTER:
"Allow objects to be moved to different schemas."

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/