Re: How to "COPY schema1.table TO schema2.table" ?

От Andreas Neumann
Тема Re: How to "COPY schema1.table TO schema2.table" ?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Ok, I see. To construct the table new from scratch is of course
possible independent from the used frontend. I was hoping for something
more convenient, since I will do that probably more often. But thanks so
far, it is definitely a solution.

Is there a convenient way to move a table (or a bunch of tables) to a
different schema?
(Rebuilding and filling the table and then deleting the old one doesn't
seem very efficient to me.)

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Mike G. wrote:
> I really don't use either of those.  I use PgAdmin which with a few clicks displays the sql code used to create the
tablesand functions.  Copy and paste the coe into a new window, change the schema name, and execute.  Then you can
clearthe window and do a Insert into B (select * from A);

> I am sure the same can be done with psql but I don't know how.  Sorry.
>
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 01:29:28PM +0100, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> > Normally I use psql. Sometimes for a fast Browse phpPgAdmin.
> >
> > On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Mike G. wrote:
> > > What are you using to connect to the database? Pgadmin? psql?

Dipl.-Math.techn. Andreas Neumann, M.Sc.

Information Services and Electronic Markets
Institute for Information Engineering and Management
Department of Economics and Business Engineering
Universität Karlsruhe (TH)
76128 Karlsruhe, Germany

Informationsdienste und elektronische Märkte
Institut für Informationswirtschaft und -management
Fakultät für Wirtschaftswissenschaften
Gebäude 20.20, Raum 151
Universität Karlsruhe (TH)
76128 Karlsruhe, Germany

Phone: +49 721 608-8404
Fax:   +49 721 608-8403
Email: andreas.neumann@em.uni-karlsruhe.de
WWW:   http://www.em.uni-karlsruhe.de/mitarbeiter/ane/index_eng.php

От: Sean Davis
Сообщение: Re: generating dynamic queries using pl/pgsql
От: George Weaver
Сообщение: Re: grant all the database object automatically